The All People’s TyRon Lewis Community Gym & Wellness Center in St. Petersburg, FL is seeking to fill the position of Promotions and Marketing Fitness Coordinator.
Under the supervision of the nonprofit African People’s Education and Defense Fund (APEDF) Fitness and Wellness Program Manager, this position plans, directs and coordinates the marketing and promotion of fitness services for members, volunteers and supporters as dynamic community resources to positively impact the individual and collective health of the African community.
Summary of Duties and Qualifications:
- Implement short and long-term promotions and marketing plans that result in increased gym membership and participation in the gym and APEDF Wellness Program.
- Develop and promote fitness programs and seminars of the gym.
- Create and distribute promotional literature, including APEDF Healthy Connections newsletter.
- Promote the facilities and programs through community networking, media, internet postings, social media, regular HTML email announcements, website, blog and calendars.
- Build community relationships.
- Recruit and supervise volunteers to carry out promotions and marketing work.
- Carry out general gym staffing duties including intake of new and renewing members, equipment cleaning and maintenance.
- Provide information and resources to gym members and groups on nutrition, weight control, exercise and healthy lifestyles, with information specific to the African community.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about fitness, nutrition, and improving health in the African community
- At least two years related experience in marketing and promotions; Self-motivated with good communication, leadership and organizational skills. Possess basic computer skills or willingness to learn including MS Word, Excel and social media. Certifications in personal fitness training, group fitness training, class instruction, and CPR a plus.
TO APPLY: See complete job description at apedf.org/jobs.
All applicants will be required to complete an APEDF employment application, available online at apedf.org/jobs or at the APEDF office, 1245 18th Avenue South, St. Petersburg, FL 33705.
For more information, call 727-821-2437 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.