ST PETERSBURG, FL–Everywhere you look, the white media is attacking the African community – slandering the righteous resistance of African working people, painting us as criminals and spreaders of disease, and covering up the murderous police violence waged against our community.
Only the media that WE OWN tells the truth about our lives, our experiences and our struggles. Burning Spear Media is your media and needs your support!
On November 15-16, 2014, Burning Spear Media will hold it’s annual Telethon fundraiser. It’s a 2-day online broadcast on UhuruNews.com and over the Uhuru Radio Network, featuring special guests, music and a showcase of the African liberation programs and campaigns of the Uhuru Movement.
We’re raising funds to:
- Buy equipment so we can stream video live online from the front lines of our people’s struggles in Ferguson, D.C. and around the globe.
- Print The Burning Spear newspaper, the oldest Black Power journal in continuous publication since the Black Revolution of the 1960s.
- Start-up a new FM radio station in the Uhuru Movement’s headquarters in Florida.
We’re calling on YOU to watch and donate during the November 15-16 Telethon, spread the word, organize a get-together of like-minded people to watch the Telethon together and get involved from wherever you are located.
The 2-day fundraising broadcast will feature up-to-date reports and summations of the current upsurge in revolution African resistance worldwide, special video editions of the popular programs broadcast weekly on UhuruRadio.com and a preview of new programs being launched to join the Uhuru Radio Network line-up.
Highlights of the November 15-16, 2014 Telethon will include:
- “African Resistance Now”, with video highlights and summation of recent African rebellions and growing resistance to police terror
- Introduction of new programs on the Uhuru Radio Network, including a multi-lingual program reporting on conditions for Africans in Sweden and 2 new health and fitness programs hosted by fitness trainers and health activists.
- “Caribbean Forum”, with award-winning actor and journalist Ron Bobb-Semple bringing news, culture and analysis
- “Omali Yeshitela Speaks”, with excerpts of classic and up-to-the-minute speeches by the Chairman of the African Socialist International and leader of the Uhuru Movement.
- “Africa Live”, with the best in news and analysis from the African Internationalist perspective
- “Reparations in Action”, on the African People’s Socialist Party’s strategy for involving Euro-Americans in the struggle for African Liberation
- “Diasporic Music” with award-winning broadcaster Norman (Otis) Richmond aka Jalali hosting an all-African mix of music and politics, "made in the West but not of the West".
- “Golden Sunday Sounds”, delivering a delightful mix of romantic songs of yesteryear.
- “Great Moments in African History” featuring a sample of audio recordings from Africa’s greatest leaders along with reports on today’s projects of the Uhuru Movement worldwide.
- Black Agenda Radio, hosted by revolutionary journalist and analyst Glen Ford and syndicated on the Uhuru Radio Network.
Visit UhuruRadio.com for more information and a complete schedule. Support your African media!