WASHINGTON, DC — On Wednesday, August 10, the African People's Socialist Party USA held a demonstration in front of the British Embassy in Washington, DC in solidarity with African people resisting the police violence and containment in Britain.
Since, August 6, Africans have been in the streets of London in a state of resistance following the August 4 police murder of 29-year-old Mark Duggan and subsequent brutalization of others including a 16-year-old girl at a protest in front of a police station.
The demonstration put forward the following demands:
1. The end of the public policy of police containment of the African community in Britain and the establishment of a public policy of economic development.
2. The immediate and unconditional release of all those black youth arrested as a result of the rebellion sparked by the police murder of Mark Duggan.
3. The immediate arrest of all police officers involved in gunning down Mark Duggan.
4. Reparations be paid to the family of Mark Duggan.
5. An end to all British wars on African people, not only in Britain, but also in Libya, Congo and elsewhere!