The APEDF Promotions and Sales Coordinator will market and coordinate community rentals of the Akwaaba Hall and Uhuru Jiko Community Commercial Kitchen at the St. Petersburg, FL Uhuru House. The Promotions and Sales Coordinator will also promote all APEDF local institutions and programs, and coordinate programs to develop Akwaaba Hall and Uhuru Jiko as a central hub of dynamic African political, economic and cultural activities and self-sufficiency.
- Actively solicit community members, organizations, artists, teachers, food businesses and others to rent the Uhuru House facilities for cultural, educational and political events and classes.
- Carry out promotions and marketing plan that results in rental of Akwaaba Hall, Uhuru Jiko Community Commercial Kitchen and other facilities to fill the annual calendar. Promotions work includes distributing literature, community networking and outreach, media, social media, internet postings and email announcements, website, blog and monthly calendar. Promotion work includes TyRon Lewis Community Gym/Wellness Program and other APEDF-sponsored events.
- Respond to inquiries on building rentals, show space to interested parties, give rental quotes, get contracts signed, receive rental payments.
- Coordinate two annual APEDF community programs.
- Carry out general Staff Assistant office duties for the Uhuru House reception office, including receiving telephone calls and messages, distributing mail and greeting visitors.
- Recruit and supervise volunteers.
- Associates Degree and/or at least two years related experience in marketing, social networking and sales. Passionate about social justice and economic development for the African community. Skill in oral communication and effective interpersonal relationships. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Proficiency in graphic design or HTML a plus.